- Delahanty, F. (2004, US) Summary of research on the effectiveness of the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP) unpublished paper.
- Tomlinson, K. (2007, UK) A review of literature concerning the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP). AVP Britain.
- AVP Hong Kong. (2008, HK). Evaluation of a two day basic workshop held at the Holland House, Kwun Tong. Unpublished paper.
- Halfman, I., Couzij, T. (2008, NL) Narrative, conflict & evaluation. Unpublished Master thesis. (Conflict, Qualitative)
- John, V. M. (2013, ZA). Transforming power and transformative learning in peace educator development. Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 81-91.Available from the author (contact the author) due to copyright restrictions.
- John, V. (2015, ZA). Working Locally, Connecting Globally: The Case of the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP). Journal of Peacebuilding & Development, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 81-86. [peace education, community based, networks] Available from the author (contact the author) due to copyright restrictions.
- Kudakwashe, S. (2016, ZW). Facilitating reconciliation in divided communities in Mashonaland Province, Zimbabwe. (PhD Dissertation), Durban University of Technology. (Action research, Qualitative, Africa, Community workshops)
- Labatt-Simon, J. (2008, US) Alternatives to Violence Project Internet Facilitators Survey, unpublished paper. (Quantitative & qualitative, re-entry, justice, communication)
- Nason, D. (2016, US) Using the Empathy Index (AEI) to measure long-term Empathy changes as a result of BASIC AVP workshop participation– unpublished paper
- Phillips, B. (2002, NZ) An evaluation of AVP workshops in Aotearoa/New Zealand Wellington: Alternatives to Violence Project Aotearoa.
- Shuford, J. (2013, US) AVP and trauma, unpublished paper.
- Walker, C. (2011, UK) Alternatives to Violence Project (Britain): an overview of theory and evidence Unpublished paper.
- Bischoff, M. (2001, US) How restorative is AVP? evaluating the A.V.P. according to a Restorative Justice model. Unpublished University paper.
- Bitel, M., Bonati, G., Booth, B., Church, M., Edgar, K., Fry, K., … & Lawrence, C. (1998 UK). AVP as an agent of change-the pilot evaluation of the Alternatives to Violence Project in three prisons, unpublished paper.
- Graaf, K. (2005, ZA) A study of conflict resolution in Western Cape prisons. Unpublished B.Soc.Sci Honours Degree dissertation.
- Joy, V. (1996, AU) Towards transformation-an alternative to violence within the context of the criminal justice system unpublished master thesis
- Kayser, T., Roberts, L., Shuford, J., Michaelis, J. (2010, US) Minnesota AVP impact on anger study. Unpublished paper (see below for published version.)
- Kayser, T., Roberts, L., Shuford, J., Michaelis, J. (2014, US) Minnesota AVP anger study, International Journal of Trauma Research and Practice, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 2-13. [Prison, Anger]
- Leonard, A. (2014, US) Imprisonment as a shadow of American culture: How the healing power of the circle can rebuild community Unpublished PhD thesis. (Part of it is an in-depth examination of AVP in the context of prison)
- Miller, M., Shuford, J. (2005, US) The Alternatives to Violence Project in Delaware: A three-year cumulative recidivism study A report of an evaluation funded by the Drane Family Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation.
- Moyo, N. (2017, ZW). Using restorative justice approaches with ex-prisoners and their families: An action research project in Zimbabwe. In S. Kaye & G. Harris (Eds.), Building peace via action research: African case studies Addis Ababa: University for Peace Africa Programme.
- Rucker, L. (1994, US). Coercive versus cooperative environments: The collateral. Prison Journal, Vol. 74, No. 1, pp. 73-92. Abstract available here.
- Sloane, S. (2002, US) A study in the effectiveness of Alternatives to Violence Project workshops in a prison system Unpublished paper.
- Sloane, S. (2003, US) Lessons from the Cellblock-a study of prison inmate participants in an Alternative to Violence Program Unpublished paper.
- Walrath, C. (2001, US) Evaluation of an inmate run Alternatives to Violence Project-the impact of inmate-to-inmate intervention Journal of Interpersonal Violence, Vol. 16, No.7, pp. 697-711.
- Walsh, P., & Potter-Daniau, D. (2017, IE). AVP Ireland impact report. Dublin: Alternative to Violence Project Ireland. (Note: Summary of research also available) [Prison, Qualitative]
- Williams, K. (2012, US) Using a causal-comparative ex-post facto design to examine the effects of AVP on he reduction of incidents of violence and misconduct on inmates housed at California State Prison – Solando in Vacaville. Unpublished Doctor of Education dissertation
- Alderson, A. (2015, AU) Evaluation of Peaceful Pathways AVP-Youth in Western Australia AVP Western Australia.
- AVP Hong Kong. (2007, HK). Evaluation on participants’ satisfaction to the “Help Increase the Peace” workshop held at Caritas Tuen Mun Marden Foundation Secondary School Tuen Mun. Unpublished paper.
- AVP Hong Kong. (2008, HK). Evaluation on participants’ satisfaction to the “Help Increase the Peace” workshop held at Breakthrough Village, Shatin. Unpublished paper.
- Lamb-du Plessis, S. (2012, ZA). Exploring the conflict narratives of youth at risk: The Umzi Wethu Programme, Port Elizabeth. (Unpublished Master’s thesis), Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. [Africa
- Philadelphia AVP, (2013, US) Student survey grades 9-12.pdf Unpublished paper.
- Stuart, G. (1999, AU) Conflict resolution and nonviolence workshops with young people. Youth Studies Australia, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 37-41.
- Lambourne, W., & Manirakiza, R. (2017, AU), Community-based psychosocial interventions for refugees living in Australia, Paper presented at the 1st Australia and New Zealand Refugee Trauma Recovery in Resettlement Conference, Sydney 29-31 March 2017.
- Melaleuca Refugee Centre. (2014, AU). AVP peace leadership training project: Report to NT Department of Children and Families. Darwin: Melaleuca Refugee Centre.